Kuraray Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “The Company”) stipulates a registration agreement (hereinafter referred to as “The Agreement”) as follows.
Article 1 (Definitions)
The terminology used in The Agreement shall be as follows.
- “The Services” refers to the network services (email newsletters and other electronic mail are included) provided online by the company on the registration site managed by The Company.
- “Registered Persons” refers to persons who, by agreeing to The Agreement, have performed the registration procedures specified in Article 3, and who have been approved by The Company to use The Services.
- “ID” is provided to Registered Persons for the purpose of using The Services, and is based on the email address entered during the registration procedures specified in Article 3.
- “Registered Persons Information” refers to the information sent or transmitted to The Company when carrying out the registration procedures or change procedures specified in Article 3 as well as the ID and password as specified in Article 4.
- “Registered Persons Information Database” refers to the database of all Registered Persons Information stored by the company.
Article 2 (Using The Services)
- In order to use The Services, The Agreement stipulates that the registration procedures specified in Article 3 must be completed.
- Registered Persons must comply with the terms of The Agreement and the methods stipulated by The Company with respect to all uses of this service, in the event of any problem the instructions of The Company must be complied with.
Article 3 (Registration and Registered Persons status)
- In order to apply for registration, enter one’s name, email address (mobile email addresses not accepted), address, telephone number, and other information on the new registration form specified by The Company, and send the form to The Company.
However, for Registered Persons under 15 years of age, registration must be performed with the consent of a guardian.
- Once The Company approves the registration, an applicant shall receive Registered Persons status when he or she received receives the approval notification.
However, The Company may not approve the registration if an applicant is considered unsuitable due to currently being in violation of The Agreement or viewed as potentially violating The Agreement in future.
- In the event of any change in the information sent to the company as stipulated in Paragraph 1, a Registered Person shall perform the change procedure specified by The Company immediately.
- The Company will not be liable for any damages incurred by a Registered Person due to the change procedures stipulated in the preceding paragraph not being carried out.
- Approval of registration may be revoked in the following cases. In such cases, The Company shall not be obliged to disclose the reason for the revocation.
- When Registered Person Information was false or incomplete
- When registration was revoked in the past due to violation of the terms of registration
- When double registration has occurred
- When prohibited acts as stipulated in Article 9 are carried out
- The Company may delete Registered Persons Information of a Registered Person from the Registered Persons Information Database if they have not logged in for more than 6 months.
- The Company may delete Registered Persons Information of a Registered Person from the Registered Persons Information Database if they have not received emails distributed by The Company for more than 6 months.
- The Company may delete the Registered Persons Information of a person registered in the Registered Persons Information Database under a mobile email address.
- Based on paragraph 6~8, The Company is not obliged to remove Registered Persons Information.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered Person described in the preceding paragraph.
Article 4 (ID and password)
- The Company shall issue an ID and a password to Registered Persons whose registration has been approved for purposes of using The Services.
- A Registered Person must take responsibility for the management and use of IDs and passwords, which must not be loaned or transferred to a third party.
- The Company shall not be in any way liable for the damage incurred by Registered Persons through the misuse of ID and passwords or use of ID and passwords by a third party.
- A Registered Person shall notify The Company immediately in the event of loss or theft of his ID and/or password.
- A Registered Person shall use the email address entered during the registration procedures stipulated in Article 3 when sending and receiving emails to The Company in relation to The Services.
- The Company shall not be liable for any of content received in emails sent by a Registered Person in relation to The Services.
Article 6 (The Company’s use of information provided by a Registered Person)
- For the purposes of providing The Services, The Company shall use the provided Registered Persons Information as needed.
The Company may outsource in part or in whole the management of personal information, within the required scope, in order to achieve the purpose of use.
- Provision of registered personal information to third parties
- Purpose of use
The Company’s affiliates and partners may use Registered Persons Information, within the required scope, to provide appropriate answers to consultations, market research, introduction of new products, and for other business purposes.
- Personal information provided to third parties
Content input into the registration form such as name, address, telephone number, etc.
- Method or procedures of provision to third parties
The relevant affiliates and partners shall be contacted via email.
- If the registered person provides information to the company or to the company’s website with respect to the services (including ideas of the registered person on technology and sales and products, excluding private information), as at that point, they shall handover all rights relating to the information to the company, and if there are rights that cannot be handed over, then those rights must not be exercised. The Company is not obliged to store such information confidentially or to use and evaluate such information confidentially.
Article 7 (Amendment and removal of information provided by Registered Persons)
- The Company may, without prior notice, amend or remove information provided by Registered Persons in relation to The Services to The Company or on The Company’s website in such cases, The Company shall not be obliged to disclose the reason for the revocation.
- The Company is not obliged to amend or remove information provided by Registered Persons in relation to The Services to The Company or on The Company’s website as described in the preceding paragraph.
Article 8 (Protection of intellectual property rights)
- Information provided to Registered Persons via The Services on products, services, and technology is protected by industrial property rights law and copyright law, and other intellectual property laws and ordinances. A Registered Person may use the above information only non-commercial purposes and for his own private purposes. For uses other than the above (includes reproduction, transmission, distribution, assignment, adaptation, etc. the same shall apply hereinafter) the express permission of The Company is required.
- Trade names, trademarks, and logos used on The Company’s website are protected by the Trademark Law, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act, and other laws. A Registered Person may not use these without express permission of The Company.
Article 9 (Prohibited acts of Registered Persons)
- When using The Services, a Registered Persons must not perform any of the following acts with regard to the use of The Services.
- Acts that infringe the property rights of The Company or a third party (copyright laws, trademark law, etc., including intellectual property rights)
- Acts of libel or slander, acts which infringe the publicity rights or privacy rights of The Company or a third party
- Criminal acts
- Acts contrary to public order and morality
- Acts related to election campaigns or other similar acts
- Acts that uses the information obtained through The Services beyond the scope outlined in Article 8, Paragraph 1 without the prior consent of The Company
- Acts where information is provided for profit or when business activities are carried out using The Services without prior consent of The Company
- Acts that hinder the operation and maintenance of The Services and other businesses of The Company, or acts that destroy the credibility of The Company, or potential such acts
- Acts involving tampering with the information related to or provided by The Services
- Acts of transmitting or writing a harmful computer programs
- Acts that violate laws, regulations, or ordinances, and potential such acts
- Acts to disclose Registered Persons Information to a third party or that allow them to use it
- Acts of using The Services while impersonating as someone else (including fictitious persons)
- Acts that violate the terms and regulations of application of The Agreement and The Services
- Other acts deemed inappropriate by The Company
Article 10 (Withdrawal of membership)
- If any of the following applies to a Registered Person, he shall be deemed that have lost his Registered Person status and to have withdrawn his membership.
- The company revokes the registration approval of a Registered Person
- The Company decides to expel a Registered Person because he was deemed by The Company to have violated The Agreement or to have engaged in behavior inappropriate for a Registered Person
- A Registered Person applies to The Company for withdrawal of membership per the stipulated procedures
- If there any omissions in the procedures stipulated in item (c) of the preceding item, the withdrawal procedures may be incomplete.
- The Registered Persons Information of a withdrawn member shall be removed from the Registered Persons Information database related to The Services.
However, new products and services may be introduced even after withdrawal of membership. If you wish to stop receiving such notifications after withdrawal of membership, please request for suspension of use.
- When Paragraph 1 (a) applies, The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of services to the relevant Registered Person before deciding on expulsion.
Article 11 (Change and termination of service content)
- The Company may add to, amend or partially terminate The Services without informing Registered Persons in advance.
- In the event of the above, The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered Person.
- The Company may terminate The Services in their entirety upon providing prior notification to Registered Persons.
Article 12 (Suspension of services)
- The company may suspend the provision of The Services in the event of natural disasters and other emergencies or when such events are likely to occur, if there is the possibility that full transmission may not be provided due to damage to The Company’s telecommunications facilities and other such unavoidable events, or during maintenance of or construction work on The Company’s telecommunications facilities and other such unavoidable events. In this case, contact should be made in advance via The Company’s website unless the situation is urgent.
- In the event of the above, The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered Person.
Article 13 (Disclaimer)
- The Company shall not provide any guarantee with respect to the completeness, accuracy, or safety of documents and information provided by a Registered Person or through The Services because they contain subjective individual evaluation information, changes over time, and hearsay.
- The Company shall not bear any responsibility to a Registered Person or any other third party with respect to the use of The Services unless particularly stipulated by a user agreement regarding other services of The Company.
- The Company shall not bear any responsibility for websites that Registered Persons access through links. (Linking to a website does not indicate an affiliate or partner relationship with The Company.)
Furthermore, when accessing the website of an affiliate company of The Company through a link from The Company’s website, the user agreement stipulated by the company of the linked site must be complied with in addition to that of The Company.
- The company shall not bear any responsibility with respect to damages incurred by the registered person due to tampering or deletion of information related to the service by the registered person or a third party.
- The Company shall not bear any responsibility for any damages incurred by Registered Persons arising from the removal of Registered Persons Information according to Article 3 and Article 10.
- Problems such as being unable to use part of The Services may result if recommended browsers, browser settings, and other parts of the operating environment for using The Company’s website are not realized.
- The Company shall not be responsible for computers required to use The Services, provision of a communications environment, and settings, or any other preparation or method for Registered Persons to access The Company’s website.
Article 14 (Governing law and jurisdictional court)
- The Agreement and The Services shall be governed by Japanese law.
- Moreover, any disputes related to the use of The Agreement or The Services shall be resolved under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Article 15 (Dispute between a Registered Person and a third party)
- If any disputes arise between a Registered Person and a third party, the Registered Person is responsible for resolving the dispute at his own expense and discretion.
- Should the aforementioned occur, the Registered Person is to compensate The Company for all damages should The Company incur any damages.
Article 16 (Notifying and contacting Registered Persons)
- The Company shall contact Registered Persons by email, post, telephone, or other Registered Persons Information, using whatever method is deemed appropriate by The Company.
- When notifying all Registered Persons, the notification may be posted on The Company’s website instead of using the contact methods outlined in the preceding paragraph.
Article 17 (Contact from Registered Persons)
- Generally, if a Registered Person needs to contact someone about The Services, they are to use the contact form on the website.
Article 18 (Changes to the Agreement)
- Regarding changes to The Agreement, if the company notifies Registered Persons of the changes or publishes such changes on The Company’s website, the Registered Persons are deemed to have approved the new agreement and the revised agreement is applicable.
Please contact the below department for any enquiries regarding your personal information.
Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution of articles, photos, and illustrations on The Company website is prohibited.
Kuraray Co., Ltd.
Genestar Division, Sales department
03 6701 1659
(November 1, 2018)