Kuraray Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "Kuraray") is highly conscious of the importance of personal information. Kuraray has established the following policies to safeguard personal information.
1.Management of personal information
- Kuraray has appointed personal information managers in each organization that treats personal information. These managers are responsible for the security of personal information collected by their organizations.
- Kuraray strives to prevent unauthorized access, leaks, or loss of personal information to ensure the security of personal information.
2.Use of personal information.
When Kuraray collects personal information, Kuraray will clearly specify the purpose of use, and the personal information will be used only for such purpose as specified. A data subject may refuse to provide its personal information at its discretion. The purpose of use of personal information is as follows;
- Customers, suppliers or vendors: business communications, providing information on services and products offered by Kuraray,
- Shareholders: to allow execution of shareholders’ rights under the corporation law, to provide information and/or services to shareholders, administration of the shareholder registry,
- Job applicants: communication necessary for recruitment,
- Response to inquiries from the data subject, or
- Other purposes specifically informed to the data subject.
Kuraray may, to the extent necessary for the purpose (1) or (4) mentioned above, share personal data (address, name, company name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) with its affiliate companies as listed in Exhibit 1 attached hereto.
3.Disclosure to third parties.
Except as stipulated below, Kuraray will not release personal information to third parties. Providing information to contractors or affiliate companies by legitimate means is not considered as disclosure to third parties;
- With the explicit permission from the data subject,
- As required by law,
- When the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person,
- When the personal information is necessary for a state or local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the person are likely to impede the execution of the affairs,
- When personal information is appropriately edited as statistical data by which the data subject cannot be identified, or
- When personal information is transferred in consequence of a merger, amalgamation or other corporate reorganization,
4.Changes in personal information.
A data subject has right to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, discontinue using, or erase its personal information Kuraray has. Kuraray will comply with these requests only after verification of the identity of the requestor. Inquiries with regard to personal information will be directed to the department to which the data subject provided its personal information. In the case that a data subject is not sure where to contact, inquiries may be accepted at: